If you want to run Facebook ads, it's not appropriate for you and your team members to use your personal account to run ads. To expand the availability of ad management or Facebook pages, Facebook launched Facebook Business Manager in April 2014. This tool allows team members or advertisers to manage all ad accounts, pages, apps, and permissions in one place.
I will now show you how to create a new advertising account in your Facebook business manager and strengthen the license management for many Facebook materials for your team.
1. Open your Facebook Business Manager! https://business.facebook.com34. If you haven’t created yours yet, just follow the steps to create it.
2. Go to your Business Manager Settings, and you will see the tab “Ad Accounts” under “People and Assets”.
If you haven’t had any ad accounts in business manager, you will see a dropdown menu “Add New Ad Accounts”, as shown in the example below.
3. If you want to create a new ad account, please select “Create a New Ad Account”.
4. Type your Ad account name and choose “Time zone” and “Currency”. Please note that the currency should be consistent with the currency of the payment method you want to add later to prevent from deactivated by Facebook. Facebook will use the time zone and currency settings when you run campaigns with this Ad account.
5. Add yourself as “Ad account admin” and your team members with appropriate roles to this Ad Account.
6. Add a payment method to activate the ad account. Click on “Payment Methods”. Note that the payment method must be set successfully for activating the campaign later.
7. Select a Payment Method with “Billing Country”, “Currency”, and Credit/ Debit Card information. Note: You have to be the Ad account admin, and the currencies of the payment method and Ad account should be consistent!
8. Go back to the tab “Ad Accounts”. You will see your new Ad Account!
That's it! Sounds easy, doesn't it?
You can create up to 2 ad accounts in your business manager! Additionally, your original personal ad account may be moved to your business manager. Go back to step 2 and select "Claim Advertising Account" this time. Simply enter the personal account ID of the ad and approve the request. Once you complete these steps, you can manage and control all of your advertising accounts in one place!